Caricature


Here's a recent piece for the cover of Network World on the competition between the leading I.T. companies... or at least their CEO's.

My work primarily features facial expression whether in the form of a gentle likeness, extreme caricature, or simply to help tell the story. As with most assignments, this particular illustration had to capture the prominent features of these gentlemen and allow for the cover design elements; mailing label in the lower left side, masthead along top and various copy headlines on the left side of the page.

It's always fun and challenging to create an image that meets the criteria of design space, production deadline and, of course, pleases the client (and me). I'll post the print version as soon as I receive a copy.

Thanks to Stephen Sauer, art director at Network World for this opportunity.

© Daniel Vasconcellos 2009 All rights reserved