Yellow Bus

I don't know where summer went, but I suspect the yellow school bus which arrived on our street last week may have been involved with its disappearance. 

It also reminded me of this illustration I'd created for a Smart Money Magazine article on summer camps. It addressed the concerns parents have for their child's well being when going off to summer camp. As a parent, and veteran kid, this experience transfers with the changing season from camp to the school bus. The big yellow school bus.

And now our son, Davis, fully appreciates the exaggerated preparedness concept behind this illustration as his overnight summer camp experience was a worse case scenario of what awaits the unsuspecting camper. Thankfully, he's fully recovered, but there's one aspect of summer I won't miss.



© Daniel Vasconcellos 2008 All rights reserved